Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Creamy mushroom and tomato gnocchi bake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
A simple, comforting meal for the family.
- 600g fresh gnocchi
- 1.5 tbsp marscepone cheese (philadelphia also works)
- 200g mushrooms
- 1 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes
- 150g mozarella (pre-grated if possible)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- STEP 1Add the gnocchi to boiling water and cook for 1 min until slightly softened. Drain and set aside.
- STEP 2Heat the oil in a pan. Add the mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutes. Add the tin of tomatoes and let simmer for 10 minutes until slightly thickened.
- STEP 3Stir the mascepone/philedelphia through the sauce to thicken it. Add the gnocchi and sauce to a deep baking dish and stir until the sauce is evenly distributed. Scatter over the mozzarella (if not using pre-grated mozzarella, press with kitchen roll to remove excess moisture).
- STEP 4Bake for 20-30 minutes until golden on top. Serve warm.