Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Cooling time - 2 minutes
- Serves 2
Perfect treat to treat a chocolate craving.
- 100g caster sugar
- 57g melted unsalted butter
- 20g cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- 57g self raising flour
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- (Optional) vanilla ice ream - to serve
- STEP 1Melt the butter in the bowl you want to make your brownie in. (Ensure your bowl is microwave proof!) It takes about 20 seconds on full power in most microwaves.
- STEP 2Mix the sugar into the melted butter, and then whisk in the egg ensuring it is fully combined. Add in the cocoa powder, self raising flour and baking powder and mix until fully combined.
- STEP 3Bake in the microwave on full power, checking every 30 seconds, for about two minutes. The middle should still appear slightly gooey on top to prevent the brownie being dry. Leave to stand for a couple more minutes until cooler and the top appears less sticky. Best served with vanilla ice cream