Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Prawn & Tomato Pasta
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
Quick & easy prawn pasta made with fresh veg & basil. Serves 2
- 180g King Prawns
- 500g Tomatoes
- 1/2 Red Onion
- 1tsp Sugar
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- Squirt of lemon juice
- Salt & Pepper to season - ideally use chilli salt.
- 3-4 Fresh Basil Leaves, roughly chopped.
- 1 tsbp Olive Oil
- 200g Pasta
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- STEP 2Prepare vegetables; cut tomatoes into medium sized chunks, slice red onion finely. Put vegetables in roasting tray; sprinkle with sugar and half the olive oil, then season with salt & pepper. Put the tray on the middle shelf of the oven for approx. 30 minutes (Ensure that the juices don't evaporate!).
- STEP 3Bring a pan of water to the boil; add a pinch of salt then cook pasta as per instructions.
- STEP 4Crush garlic. Fry in pan with remaining oil on low heat until fragrant. Add prawns, and lemon juice. Cook for 2 minutes, flipping prawns until they are just pink on both sides, then add the tomato mixture to frying pan. Stir frequently and add just a dash of pasta water to the mixture - this will help thicken it up.
- STEP 5Season the prawn & tomatoes with salt and pepper to your taste and cook for a further 4-5 minutes.
- STEP 6Drain pasta & add with basil leaves to the tomato mixture. Stir to coat the pasta and serve.