Simple Creamy Broccoli Soup
Member recipe by luna_lovegood
A quick, easy and healthy soup that's ridiculously simple to make.
- Olive Oil (for bottom of pan)
- Shallots (five or six)
- Broccoli (enough for four people)
- Chicken Stock (whole quart)
- Salt & Pepper for seasoning
- Mascarpone Cheese (whole tub)
- (ingredients in order)
- Cover bottom of slow cooker with olive oil, chop shallots roughly but quite finely and leave them to sweat in oil.
- Chop the stalks off the broccoli and roughly chop remaining florets.
- Add broccoli to shallots and oil and then add the chicken stock, season to taste and cook for 15 minutes.
- Put the cooked mixture into a blender when fork ready and reduce to smooth consistency.
- Put back in slow cooker on stovetop and add in mascarpone cheese, whisk until mixed well.
- Warm through and serve with a dollop of mascarpone cheese on top.