Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Sausage, mushroom, and tomato omelet
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 1 big omlet
A yummy, creamy breakfast that only takes about ten minutes to make!
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup cream (milk is fine if you do not have any)
- 1 sausage link
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes
- STEP 1Turn the stove on medium. Butter two pans and put them on the stove. Get a little bowl, and mix the eggs (hand mix them). Once you are done, add the cream (or the milk) to the eggs and mix them together.
- STEP 2Set the mixture aside. Cut the sausage link to desired size and put them in one of the pans. Cut the mushrooms into fourths and put them in the pan with the sausage. Once they are done cooking, put them in a bowl. Note: the sausage should be half way cooked. If you are not done cutting the mushrooms when the sausage is half way cooked, turn it on low. Remember to turn it back on medium!
- STEP 3Take the second pan and put the egg mixture in the pan, covering the hole pan. let it cook for about 4 minutes. Add cheese on the eggs. Note: Take your spatula and push the eggs on the side of the pan and push it in the pan. While you are doing that hold the pan a little bit downwards so the liquid cooks.
- STEP 4Add the mushrooms, sausage, and tomatoes on ONE SIDE ONLY. Flip the side with nothing on it on top of the other side. cook about 30 seconds more. Tip: Slide the omelet off the pan by tipping the pan over slowly.
- STEP 5Enjoy!