Easy Katsu Chicken Curry with Rice
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
A great tasting curry using only three ingredients, and all under a tenner! Also kid-friendly.
- 240g Tesco Katsu Chicken Bites
- 200g Uncle Ben's Medium Curry Sauce
- 250g Basmati Rice
- STEP 1Preheat oven to Gas Mark 5 or equivalent. Place katsu chicken pieces on a baking tray and put in the oven for 15 - 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- STEP 2Cook the rice in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Simmer for 15 minutes until rice is soft. Alternatively, alter simmering time according to taste.
- STEP 3Place curry sauce in a microwaveable bowl. (At this stage, you may choose to sieve out the vegetables if you have finicky eaters.) Heat on full power for 60 seconds.
- STEP 4Place cooked katsu pieces into the sauce. Stir lightly for a light coating, or more vigorously for a generous coating.
- STEP 5Drain rice once cooked and rinse with boiling hot water. Shake off excess moisture. Serve rice and katsu chicken immediately with salad or vegetables of your choice.