Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Chocolate Ginger Creams
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Great for kids of all ages, this simple three ingredient dessert makes a tasty week or weekend treat.
- 1 x 245g Jamaica Ginger Cake
- 4 x 70ml Choc Ices (any brand of choice)
- 1 x 250ml can Squirty Cream
- STEP 1Remove packaging from the Ginger Cake and cut into eight even pieces.
- STEP 2Next, take the packaging off a Choc Ice and place one standing long sideways into a dessert bowl.
- STEP 3Place two Ginger Cake slices into the bowl against the long sides of the Choc Ice. Warm in the microwave on medium to high heat for 30 seconds to gently warm the Cake through and thaw the Choc Ice.
- STEP 4Remove warmed cake and Choc Ice from the microwave. Take the canned Squirty Cream, shake, and neatly squirt on the Choc Ice. Serve immediately.
- STEP 5NOTE: for a more creamy variation of this dessert, you can switch the ratios of Choc Ices to Ginger Cake slices, and use the Squirty Cream on top of the cake slice instead.