- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes A lot of tablet
- 1kg granulated sugar
- 250g butter.
- 1/4 pint milk
- 1/4 pint water
- 397g sweetened condensed milk
- STEP 1You could half this recipe. Melt the sugar, water, butter and milk on a medium heat for 20 minutes. Make sure the sugar is melted (and everything else).
- STEP 2Boil mixture for 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
- STEP 3Add the sweetened condensed milk. Boil for 10-15 minutes until the mixture gets set at the edge.
- STEP 4Mix for 5 minutes and add 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence.
- STEP 5Pour into a baking tray and leave to set.