Leek and potato soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
A simple leek and potato soup recipe, quick to prepare, then leave to cook.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 onion, sliced
- 225g potatoes, cubed
- 2 medium leeks, sliced
- 1.2 litres vegetable stock
- 150ml double cream or crème fraîche
- salt and pepper
- STEP 1Heat the butter in a large pan and add the onions and leeks. Cook for 10 minutes until softened. Add the potatoes and cook for a further minute.
- STEP 2Add the vegetable stock, season, and bring to the boil. Simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes.
- STEP 3Put into a blender until smooth. Stir in the cream or crème fraîche. Heat through gently and serve.