Broccoli and spinach soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
Warm green soup great with crusty bread. Can replace broccoli with asparagus. Optional squiggle of cream for presentation.
- Handful of spinach
- Handful of broccoli
- Two shallots
- 350 ml chicken or veg. stock.
- Butter and a little oil.
- STEP 1Cut off woody ends from broccoli. Chop the rest.
- STEP 2Slice shallots thinly.
- STEP 3Gently saute broccoli and shallots in butter and oil for ten minutes.
- STEP 4Add spinach and toss to mix.
- STEP 5Add stock and bring to boil.
- STEP 6Mix in blender and season to taste.