Member recipe by lovelessons
ServingsServes 1 - 12 Cakes
This works well with most types of cupcakes , use this to top chocolate cupcakes if your not a chocolate lover. I use vanilla bean paste for this recipie as it gives a better flavour and you have lovely black speckles in the frosting at the end . Double this recipie for a 20cm cake
- 250g icing sugar,sifted
- 80g unsalted butter ( room temperature)
- 25ml whole milk
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla paste or a couple of drops of vanilla extract
- Beat the icing sugar and butter together in free standing electric mixer with a paddle attachment (or use a hand held electric whisk) on medium-slow speed until the mixture comes together and is well mixed.
- Turn the mixer down to speed.Combine the milk egg and vanilla bean paste/vanilla extract in a seperate bowl ,then add a couple of teaspoons at a time .
- Once all the milk has been incorperated, turn the mixer up to high speed.Continue beating until the frosting is light and fluffy , at least 5 minutes .The longer the frosting is beaten , the fluffier and lighter it becomes.