Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Keralam Vegetable Curry
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
A really lovely vegetable curry which is easy to make.
- 3 large potatoes peeled and cut into small cubes
- 2 x small frozen bags of Birds Eye mixed vegetables
- 1/2 cup of frozen peas
- 1 onion sliced
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 small green chilis chopped
- small knob of ginger chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp tumeric
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 x chopped tomato
- 1 1/2 Tbspoon Tomato paste
- 3/4 cup of water
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander
- STEP 11. Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and fry til brown. Add the onions and green chilis. Saute until cooked. Now add the turmeric, garam masala, chili powder, and salt.
- STEP 2Add the tomatoes and ginger. Cook on low heat with lid on for 6 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- STEP 3Microwave the 2 bags of frozen veg til vegetables are defrosted. Add vegetables, peas and cut potatoes to tomato mixture. Add the water and tomato paste. Bring to a boil. (You may have to add more water if mixture condenses.
- STEP 4Add 2/3 of the coriander, cover and cook 15-20 minutes till the potatoes are cooked through. Sprinkle with remaining coriander and serve.