Andalusian Flamenco Eggs
Member recipe by louise_fro
Perfect if friends drop in or after an exhausting day at the sales this traditional Andalusian meal is bursting full of healthy tomatoes and peppers and only takes a few minutes to prepare.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 red peppers finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 500g fresh tomatoes grated on a cheese grater
- 1 Teaspoon smoked paprika
- 8 eggs
- 8 slices of serrano ham
- 8 thin slices of chorizo
- 1 Cup of frozen peas (defrosted and drained)
- Chopped parsley to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- You'll also need 4 medium sized ramekins
- Make a sofrito by frying the onion and peppers slowly in the olive oil, when they're soft add the garlic (approx. 10min).
- Continue to fry briefly until the garlic releases its aroma then add the tomatoes and smoked paprika and fry the sofrito gently for 15 min. Season to taste.
- Divide the sofrito into 4 ramekins, break 2 eggs on top of each and place 2 slices of ham, 2 slices of chorizo and a handful of peas on top.
- Preheat oven to 200C and bake the ramekins for about 10 mins or until the eggs are set but still runny.
- Garnish with parsley and serve with crusty bread.