Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
simple sponge cupcakes
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 12 cupcakes
one of the most popular bakes. even better with buttercream. enjoy while it lasts.
- 125g butter
- 125g caster sugar
- 125g selfraing flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- STEP 1preheat oven to 180d/350f/gas mark 4. prepare a muffin tin lined with 12 paper cases.
- STEP 2cream butter and sugar together until it has become light and creamy. in a little bowl beat the eggs and vanilla together, then add into the mixture. if your batter is curdling then add 3 tsp of the flour and give it a mix until it has become back to normal.(tip: use an electric mixture if desired.)
- STEP 3then add in the flour and fold with a spatula or a metal spoon so that once it bakes it will have lots of air and will be light.
- STEP 4the spoon the mixture in the cases and bake in the preheat the oven for 10-15 mins or when a skewer is inserted it comes out clean. top with butter cream and serve or enjoy by yourself.