Irresistable Crunchy Shortbread
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 15 Shortbread Fingers
A fool-proof recipe to tasty, crunchy shortbread.
- 12oz Plain Flour
- 8oz Butter
- 4oz Caster Sugar
- 1tbsp Cornflour
- STEP 1Pre-heat the oven to 155 degrees celsius for fan oven. Line a baking sheet with greaseproof paper/ silicone mat.
- STEP 2Cream together butter and sugar.
- STEP 3Remove one tbsp of flour and replace with one tbsp of cornflour.
- STEP 4Add the flour to the butter and sugar and mix (by hand or machine) until resembling fine bread crumbs.
- STEP 5Bind and knead the mixture behind until you have a ball of dough.
- STEP 6Roll out the dough to 1cm thickness and cut to desired shape.
- STEP 7Bake on the baking sheet for 15-20mins - keep an eye on it - it doesn't want to be golden brown! You want to catch it just before that.
- STEP 8Poke some decorative holes in the top with a fork and leave to cool on a wire cooling rack.
- STEP 9Sprinkle a little caster sugar on the top before serving.