Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 24 creams
Coffee cream fondant with either dark or milk chocolate
- 1 egg white
- 450g icing sugar
- 2 tbsp coffee essence, or extra strong instant coffee
- STEP 1Beat the egg white until frothy but not stiff.
- STEP 2Sift the icing sugar into a bowl and mix with enough of the egg white to make a firm paste
- STEP 3Add the coffee essence, mix and knead together.
- STEP 4Roll out on a board well dusted with icing sugar and cut into circles
- STEP 5Transfer onto waxed paper and leave overnight until set and firm to the touch
- STEP 6Melt your chocolate if using any, cover fondant with chocolate place in the fridge till set