Beef and carrot patties
- Preparation and cooking time
- 24 hr resting in fridge.
- Makes 10 good sized burgers
Beef burgers with grated carrot in, I find the carrot really helps keep in the moisture, plus it’s a bit of secret veg.
- 500g 5% fat Beef Mince
- 250ish g grated carrot
- 1 medium sized onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 red chilli, finely chopped
- Good pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 egg to bind all together.
- STEP 1Put all ingredients in a bowl and mix together until throughly mixed.
- STEP 2Separate into balls and flatten to your required size. Bear in mind they will shrink and puff up when cooking, I make them a little bigger and flatter to take that into account.
- STEP 3Leave them to rest for about a day in the fridge, this helps them to stay together when cooking.
- STEP 4It’s time to cook them. Cooking times will depend on the sizes you have made. I like to cook fry them on a high heat to get a bit of a char on them and turn it down towards the end To make sure they cooked throughout. Get your frying pan nice and hot, put a little oil on the burger and put in the pan, and turn it after a few minutes.