Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Fried Rice and Beans
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 3
A great quick dinner for a busy family or hectic lifestyle! Perfect for anyone on a high protein diet as well.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 can (400g) of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup snipped fresh cilantro
- 180G Bacon Lardons
- 1 lime, halved
- STEP 1Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil over medium heat in skillet. Add bacon, cook until brown. Remove from skillet; set aside.
- STEP 2Pour the remaining 1 teaspoon oil into the hot skillet. Add carrots; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes or until just tender. Add garlic and ginger; cook for 30 seconds.
- STEP 3Stir in brown rice, chickpeas, and peas. Add soy sauce. Cook and stir about 4 minutes or until heated through. Stir in the 1/3 cup cilantro. Return bacon to skillet; heat through.
- STEP 4To serve, squeeze lime over bacon mixture. If desired, top with additional cilantro leaves.