Oyster Mushroom Crostini
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4
An impressive mushroom and goats cheese vegetarian starter
- About 300-400g mixed oyster mushrooms, sliced
- Large knob of butter
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed and finely chopped
- 1 ciabatta, cut into 2 squares and sliced in half widthways
- 1 80-100g goats cheese round (e.g. Capricorn brand)
- A small bunch of chives, chopped to serve
- STEP 1Melt the butter in a pan and fry the mushrooms and garlic over a medium heat until cooked.
- STEP 2Lightly toast the 4 ciabatta slices on both sides under a meduim grill until the cut surface is firm but not browned. Top the ciabatta slices with the cooked mushrooms.
- STEP 3Slice the goat's cheese into 4 circles and place one onto each of the crostini.
- STEP 4Cook under the grill until the goats cheese is melted and slightly browned on the surface. Sprinkle the chives on and around the crostini and serve immediately.