Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Sweet Potato and Bacon Soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
A warming soup, which can be cooked in a pressure cooker or slow cooker.
- 2 carrots
- 2 sticks of celery
- 2 white onions
- 800g sweet potato
- 200g bacon
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 heaped teaspoon of curry powder
- 2 chicken or vegetable stock cubes
- 1 fresh red chilli
- STEP 1Cut the vegetables and bacon into large chunks. Place all ingredients in the slow cooker.
- STEP 2Fill the slow cooker with boiling water and cook on high for 3/4 hours or on low for 7/8 hours. Top up the water as required.
- STEP 3Blend the soup until the consistency is smooth.