Lucy's Leftover Vegetable Soup
Member recipe by ljshakey
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion (finely sliced)
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 2 small swedes / 1 large swede (cubed)
- 1 leek (sliced)
- 3 sticks celery (sliced)
- Handful brussel sprouts (quartered)
- 1 parsnip (diced)
- 1l vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper to serve
- Heat the oil in a pan. Add onion, garlic and cumin seeds and cook over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Prepare veg and add to pan. Heat for further 5 minutes to gain colour.
- Add stock, bring to boil then simmer and cover for 20 mins, or until vegetables are soft.
- Add soup to blender and blitz. If you prefer chunkier soup, mash vegetables instead.
- Put soup back into pan, heat mixture for 5 minutes, seasoning to taste. Serve with crusty bread or croutons.