Potato, leek, bacon and cheese pasta bake
- Preparation and cooking time
- blanching green veg to add in the end
- Serves 2
Yummy combination of creamy camembert, blue cheese, bacon with potato and leek, in a pasta bake that is rather light and not too creamy. Can be make in oven & flameproof casserole dish as a one pot meal. You can also use just potato and turn it into a potato bake.
- fusilli or other pasta
- 1 potato
- red onion
- garlic, 2 cloves
- small bacon pieces
- camembert cheese or other creamy cheese
- blue cheese
- mustard to taste
- Optional: kale or other greens
- STEP 1Preheat oven to 200. Cook pasta in boiling water. Meanwhile, chop potato, leek, onion, garlic
- STEP 2While the pasta is boiling, add potato. Chop bacon into small pieces; chop/crumble the 2 kind of cheese.
- STEP 3After the pan come back to a boil for a little while. Drain. (Make sure the pasta and potato is not boiling for longer than 7 minutes and the pasta should still be undercooked.)
- STEP 4Put the pasta and potato in an ovenproof dish, mix with the cheese. Dissolve some mustard in half a cup of milk/water, pour it over. Layer the chopped veg and bacon on top.
- STEP 5In to the oven, turn it down to 180. Cook for 20-30 till golden. Stir the top if needed to prevent too much burning. Serve with some blanched kale or other greens for a more balanced meal.