Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Apple and Cucumber Salad - Weight Loss Salads Recipe
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
Salads are most welcome by those who are obese and those who have PCOD.. There is no other food lesser in calories than salads to fill up your stomach.. But one thing that makes us upset is the calories of dressing.. When I went through the calorie label of my favorite dressing like sweet onion, chipotle southwest, thousand island and sweet italian it completely shocked me.. Most of them came upto 100 calorie for 2 Tablespoon.. Ofcourse, we have salad for the reason that it is low caloric and filling.. These dressings make it meaningless.. After knowing that, I completely avoid dressing and trying almost all salads in Indian style.. Adding mild masala flavoring or spice flavoring is the technique, I follow.. This Apple and Cucumber salad is also one among them.. I have given seasonging with mustard seeds and chilli flakes.. I will soon share few more salad recipes that would be moer tasty.. I hope, this kind of spiced up salads would help you to avoid salad dressings..
- Apple - half medium
- Cucumber - half medium length
- Red Chilli - 1 (seeds removed)
- Mustard Seeds - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Lemon - one wedge
- Salt - a pinch
- STEP 1Cut apple and cucumber as very thin slices.. Take them in a bowl..
- STEP 2Heat a pan and add mustard seeds.. Let it sputter.. You should wait till it sputters, otherwise the taste will differ..
- STEP 3Add chilli cover to the pan and let it also get roasted.. Take roasted mustard seeds and chilli cover in a blender and powder it..
- STEP 4Add this powder ans salt to the bowl of slices.. Finally add lemon juice and serve it..
- STEP 5You can add olive oil if you wish.. I do not prefer olive oil and did not add it..