Chicken In Marsala and tomato sauce
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
A quick but tasty chicken dish with a sweet tangy sauce. Serve with pasta, rice of sauteed potatoes.
- 3 tbs plain flour
- 4 chicken breasts (skinless & boneless)
- olive oil and salt & pepper
- 1 large onion
- 200 ml marsala
- 500 ml passata with a tsp of castor sugar to sweeten
- finely grated zest of 1 0range
- 50 g of raisins and a few basil leaves
- STEP 1Place flour on plate and season well. Coat the chicken with the mix and then shallow fry in the olive oil until golden brown. Remove from pan and set aside. In the same pan with in the same oil as the chicken,fry the onions for about 5 minutes until soft. Add a pinch of salt . When the onions have softened add the marsala, bring to the boil and let it bubble for a couple of minutes
- STEP 2Stir in the passata, sugar, orange zest, raisins and basil leaves and season. Return the chicken to the pan, cover and simmer gently for 20 minutes until tender.