Spanish green olives with manchego, chorizo and melon
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
A gorgeous Spanish-style tapas – perfect for a light snack or entertaining guests!
- One jar of Spanish queen olives
- 150g chorizo sausage, sliced
- Half an orange-fleshed cantaloupe melon
- 150g Manchego cheese, cut into chunks
- Basil leaves, to garnish
- STEP 1Drain the Spanish queen olives from the brine and place them in a bowl.
- STEP 2Heat a non-stick frying pan and add the slices of chorizo. Cook over a medium-high, heat for 3-4 minutes, until the fat begins to run.
- STEP 3Meanwhile, use a melon baller to remove the flesh from the melon (or cut it into chunks), and add to the olives with the Manchego cheese.
- STEP 4Remove the chorizo from the heat and tip on to the olive mixture. Serve at once, garnished with fresh basil leaves, for the perfect Spanish tapas dish.