Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Chilli Lime Thai Noodles
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
This dish is one of those easy meals idea for weeknights or dinner parties. Because as the noodles are cooking, you simply chop up, fry the steak and veggies, then everything will finish around the same time. Throw it all into one pan and mix everything together and dinner is served. The fresh combination of chilli and lime plus the fresh veggies and steak will have you wanting more. more.
- 1 packet Pad Thai rice noodles
- 2 tablespoons of sunflower oil
- 1 large carrot, shaved with a peeler or thinly sliced
- 2 large mixed peppers chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 300g white cup mushrooms sliced
- 1 pack edamame or sugar snap peas
- Juice from 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons of chilli sauce
- 1 avocado, 1 red chilli and lime wedges for garnish
- 500g trimmed Sirlon steak
- STEP 1Cook the noodles in a large pan of water
- STEP 2While noodles are cooking, heat the oil in a wok and add the steak, stir fry for 3 minutes until browned. Drain the excess liquid
- STEP 3Add the carrot, peppers, garlic, mushrooms, and edamame (or sugar snap peas) cook for 3 minutes over medium-high heat until slighty softened, stirring continuously.
- STEP 4Once noodles are cooked, drain and add to the steak and vegetables; Stir in lime juice and chili sauce and fry for 2 minutes.
- STEP 5Add salt and pepper to taste and top with sliced avocado, sliced red chilli and lime wedges to serve