- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
A delicious healthier version of the classic Spaghetti Bolognese replacing the spaghetti with spiralized "courgetti" courgettes.
- 1 large onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 450-500g lean mince meat (less than 5% fat)
- 1 red pepper
- 2 tins of chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp mixed herbs
- 2 courgettes
- STEP 1Spray a large pot with low calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat.
- STEP 2Dice the onion and mince the garlic and fry for 1-2 minutes.
- STEP 3Add the mince meat and cook through.
- STEP 4Add the 2 tins of chopped tomatoes.
- STEP 5Roughly chop the peppers and add.
- STEP 6Add 2 heaped tablespoons of mixed herbs.
- STEP 7Reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour (the longer the better)
- STEP 8Season to taste adding more herbs/salt/pepper as needed.
- STEP 9Once ready to eat spiralize the courgette and toss it into the bolognese for no longer than 1-2 minutes to keep its “Al Dente” texture – Note: if planning on freezing the bolognese only add the courgetti to the bolognese that you are going to serve.