Scalloped potato stacks
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 20
- 15 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced thinly.......
- 4 large onions, sliced thinly
- 2 cups thickened cream
- 3 cups cheese, grated finely
- STEP 1Preheat oven 180c
- STEP 2Lightly grease 20 1/2 cup(125ml) ramekin dishes or muffin trays. Fill with alternate layers of potato and onion.
- STEP 3Pour 1 tablespoon of cream over each potato stack and top with 1tblsp of cheese.
- STEP 4Cook for 40 minutes or until potato is cooked and golden.
- STEP 5Allow to cool and remove potato stacks onto serving dish. Freeze at this point if desired.
- STEP 6Reheat for 20 minutes, then serve.
- STEP 7Makes 20.