Sundried tomato and cheese scones
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes About 8 depending on what size you make them
Yummy cheese scones with a twist
- 175g self-raising flour
- 25g butter
- 50g cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 tsp sundried tomato paste
- 8 sundried tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- Finely grated parmesan for sprinkling on top
- STEP 1Heat the oven to 200 degrees celsius fan.
- STEP 2Mix flour and herbs, then rub in butter until it resembles fine bread crumbs. Add the cheddar cheese, sundried tomato paste and sundried tomatoes and mix.
- STEP 3Beat the milk and the egg together in a jug, add to the other ingredients to form a soft dough, reserving a little of the egg mixture for glazing the scones.
- STEP 4Flatten the dough out and cut into circles or triangles if you don't have a circle cutter-flatten out dough into a circle and then cut in half, repeat until you have the size you want. Put on a tray lined with baking paper or a silicone baking sheet. Brush with egg wash and sprinkle over the parmesan. Bake for 10-15 minutes until the tops are a golden colour .