Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Garganelli with Roasted Squash
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4
Sweet maple cure bacon, roasted squash and feta cheese team up to make a robust pasta dish that is ready in 30 minutes.
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 pack English Maple Cure Smoked Bacon, 8 back rashers, rind removed
- 350g Egg Garganelli pasta
- 200g pack Cypressa Greek Feta, drained and cubed
- 50g pine nuts, toasted
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 200ÃÂ°C, gas mark 6. Cut the squash in half,scoop out and discard the seeds. Using a small, sharp knife, peel the squash, then cut the flesh into bite-sized chunks and place in a roasting tin.
- STEP 2Drizzle with the oil, stir in the garlic and oregano and season with freshly ground black pepper. Roast for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the squash is golden and tender when pierced with the tip of a sharp knife.
- STEP 3Preheat the grill to high and cook the bacon for 4-5 minutes until crisp, then cut into bite-sized pieces. Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling water according to pack instructions, drain well and keep warm in the pan with the lid on.
- STEP 4Add the bacon and feta to the squash and return to the oven for 2 minutes, until the cheese starts to soften and melt. Remove from the oven and stir in the drained pasta.
- STEP 5Serve immediately, seasoned with freshly ground black pepper and a scattering of toasted pine nuts, with a salad of watercress.