Grandma's original tiffin
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- More effort
- Makes Squares
- 200g/7oz digestive biscuits
- 50g/1oz caster sugar
- 2 heaped tablespoons golden syrup
- 100g/3oz margarine
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- few drops of vanilla essence
- 150g/50z of chocolate( melted) to cover
- STEP 1Line a baking tin with greaseproof paper.
- STEP 2Crush the biscuits in a sandwich bag,using a rolling pin.
- STEP 3Melt the syrup,sugar and margarine in a saucepan.
- STEP 4Then make sure everything has melted, then remove from the heat. Add the cocoa powder and vanilla essence and stir well and add the crushed biscuits.
- STEP 5Pour into the baking tin and cover with melted chocolate. Chill in the fridge for 45 mins then eat!