Perfect Tuna and Sweetcorn Pies
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 15 small pies(depending on the size)
These little pies and delicious and perfect for starters to a nice meal, or a meal itself. What is great about these pies is that you can estimate what you want in them, and also add things if you want! They are easy to make and no one who tries one only has one! They can also be frozen.
- 1 1/2cans of tuna
- 1 can of sweetcorn (although you could use fresh as well)
- 1 rolled out thin savoury pastry (it doesn't matter what kind, depending on your preferences)
- About 3 tablespoons of thick cream cheese
- 1 to 1 1/2 handfuls of grated parmeesan cheese
- Optional: egg, melted butter or milk to brush over
- STEP 1Set the oven to 180 °C/ 356°F gas. Line a baking tray.
- STEP 2Combine the tuna and corn in a medium sized bowl.
- STEP 3Add the cream and finally grated cheese, mix with a spoon until all the ingredients are well combined and mixed properly.
- STEP 4Get out your pastry and cut out small circles, about 6 by 6 cm. Put about a spoon of mixture on the pastry and close it up however you want. Squeeze the edges tightly.
- STEP 5Repeat with others until all are done. Optional: Brush with egg, milk or melted butter.
- STEP 6Place pies on tray and set in oven to cook for about 25 minutes, or until golden brown. It doesn't matter if they are a bit under or over cooked, but taste better when just perfect.
- STEP 7Serve warm and enjoy!