Delicious Healthy Banana Bread
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 1 loaf
No sugar, no butter, just delicious.
- 4 very ripe bananas
- ¼ cup honey
- 1-2 Tablespoons of Coconut Oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups fine whole-wheat flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ Cinnamon (optional)
- ¼ cup chopped dates (optional)
- ¼ cup chopped sunflower seeds
- STEP 1Heat the oven to 175° C. Lightly oil a loaf pan.
- STEP 2Mash the bananas and mix with the honey, coconut oil and vanilla extract.
- STEP 3Stir together the whole-wheat pastry flour, baking soda and salt. Add the nuts.
- STEP 4Mix everything together and spoon into a lightly oiled loaf pan. Bake for 40 minutes, or until center is set.