Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Cheese and bacon potato bake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 4 portions as part of a meal.
I bought 2 jars of white cheese sauce to make lasagne with the other day and had enough left over to try something without wasting the rest of the sauce. I made this and it worked. It's super easy and ready in 45 mins. You can add other ingredients such as onion, leek and herbs if you wish but I just used bacon this time.
- 3/4 jar of white cheese sauce
- Upto 4 potatoes sliced thinly
- 4 unsmoked bacon rashers
- Grated Cheddar cheese
- Grated parmesan
- STEP 1Preheat oven to 180 degrees (fan)
- STEP 2Peel your potatoes and slice thinly (about 1/2 cm thick)
- STEP 3Cook your bacon in a frying pan to your preference.
- STEP 4Layer your potatoes in a oven proof dish and cover with half of the cheese sauce, if you think there isn't enough to cover you can add a little whole milk and stir to thin it out.
- STEP 5Cut up 2 bacon rashers onto your first layer randomly placing on top of the potatoes. Repeat steps 4 and 5 once more.
- STEP 6Place in the oven for 20 minutes
- STEP 7Remove from oven and sprinkle on the cheddar cheese and parmesan. Place back into the oven for a further 20 minutes.
- STEP 8Remove from oven and serve.