Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- 10 minutes resting time
- More effort
- Serves 2
Where do i start? This dish contains couscous,chicken and salad. I called it Tunisian Clutter because some the food items would not be expected to be included in the dish. For example; Apples and currants. This reciepe is great for a summertime lunch or dinner.
- Couscous with red onions, red peppers and chicken flavoured seasoning. (100g)
- Chicken pieces. (150g)
- Tomatoes and Cucumbers. (50g each)
- Greek Currants and Apples. (50g each)
- 1 medium onion.
- Sieved Tomatoes.
- 1 tsp dried basil.
- 1 tbsp of tomato puree.
- ÃÂ½ tsp sugar.
- Salt and Pepper.
- 1 leaf of Parsley.
- STEP 1Collect all ingredients and equipment.
- STEP 2Wash your hands.
- STEP 3Finely chop the medium size onion.
- STEP 4Heat the vegetable oil in a saucepan and add onion and fry gently for 5 minutes.
- STEP 5Add sieved tomatoes, tomato puree, sugar and seasoning.
- STEP 6Simmer gently, uncovered for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- STEP 7Mix the precooked couscous, vegetables, fruits and the chicken pieces in a mixing bowl.
- STEP 8Once mixed heat in a sauce pan for about 5 minutes.
- STEP 9Take off heat and transfer into a plate/container.
- STEP 10Add the tomato sauce and parsley leafs on top.