Ruth's Med Seeded Bread
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Plus 2 hours proving time, plus 30 minutes- 1 hour cooling time
- Makes Rolls
This Mediterranean bread consists of Olives and Pumpkin seeds. It is simple and different but delicious and gives a sneak peak of autumn. A great recipe as a side dish and fantastic for a summertime brunch/dinner.
- 70g green olives (sliced)
- 60g pumpkin seeds
- 50g poppy seeds
- 50g parsely
For basic bread dough
- 250g strong bread flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 sachet dried yeast
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 150ml warm mater
- STEP 1Collect all ingredients and equipment and wash your hands.
- STEP 2Dissolve the yeast in warm water. Combine the flour,salt and sunflower oil with the yeast mixture for 5-10 minutes until creamy.
- STEP 3When the dough has formed, put it on a floured surface and knead(push,fold,slap,roll) for 5-8 mins until you have a silky,smooth,supple elastic dough.
- STEP 4Lightly oil a large bowl, sprinkle a little flour on your dough and place it in the bowl, cover with cling-film, put it in a warm place and allow to prove for 1 hour until doubled in size.
- STEP 5Preheat oven to 200C.
- STEP 6After the dough has risen, take off the cling film. Cut and add olives in half and roll the dough out and place on the dough with the pumpkin seeds. Work the olives and pumpkin seeds into the dough and make sure it is firmly pushed into the bread so that they disappear into it.
- STEP 7Form the dough into a round shape, glaze it with olive oil, top with poppy seeds and garnish with chopped parsely.
- STEP 8Place on a flour-dusted baking tray. over and leave to prove for a 2nd time for 1 hour until doubled in size. Bake in pre-heated oven for 12-15 minutes.
- STEP 9If you stick a toothpick a couple of inches into the bread, in the centre, when you pull it out and it is clean, the bread is done.
- STEP 10Once cooked, place on a rack and allow to cool for at least 30 minutes.