Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 8 Large Flapjacks
Quick and easy melt-in-the-mouth flapjacks
- 250g Rolled or porridge oats
- 150g Brown Sugar (or Caster Sugar)
- 150g Margarine
- 4 tbsp Golden Syrup
- STEP 1Light the oven gas mark 4 or 180c.
- STEP 2Grease your baking tray.
- STEP 3Place the margarine, sugar and syrup in a saucepan and place on a low heat. Use a wooden spoon to stir the mixture, do this until the margarine has melted. Be careful not to boil the mixture.
- STEP 4Turn off the heat and stir in the oats.
- STEP 5Press the oat mixture into your tin.
- STEP 6Bake the flapjack for about 20 mins or until it goes a golden brown colour. Leave the mixture to set in the tray for 5 - 10 minutes before transferring to a plate. For the softest, gooiest flapjacks, lrave to set for around 24 hours.