Stuffed butternut squash with blue cheese
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
Great for special occassions, takes a bit of time but is easy to do
- Butternut squash, skin on, halved
- cous cous packet for 2 people - tomato
- blue cheese
- vegetable oil
- STEP 1Preheat oven to 220C/ 450°F. Wash the outside of the squash. Slice in half and scoop out seeds. Score the flesh, drizzle with oil then place on a baking tray flesh side up. Roast for 45 minutes or until the flesh is tender. Take out and let cool until it can be handled. Reduce oven temperature to 200c/425°F.
- STEP 2Scoop out the flesh of each squash. Add the flesh to a large bowl and mash. Add flavoured cous cous packet (made up to pack instructions with water) and crumble half of the blue cheese. Stuff the squash shell with the filling.
- STEP 3Sprinkle the remaining blue cheese on top of each butternut squash half . Bake for another 20 minutes. The top should be melted cheese, and the squash hot all the way through. Serve a half of butternut squash per person. Skin is edible.