Member recipe by lilithc
- 1 big cabbage
- 2 red onions
- 1/2 a packet of barboiled rice
- 1 large lemon
- 500gr pork mince
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 dutch crispbakes
- Finely chopped dill
- 250gr olive oil
- Salr and pepper (depends upon judgement)
- Wash the cabbage and separate the leaves. In a large sausepan boil the leaves until soft, remove the cabbage from the heat and drain.
- Put the mince meat in a large bowl, add two tbs of olive oil in the mix, then brake the crispbakes and add them as well. Finely chop the onions and add them to the mix also. Using your hands mix the ingredients together.
- Pour some olive oil to a frying pan, enough to cover the base of the pan. Once heated add your mince and stir untill your mince becomes a lighter colour. Remove from the heat.
- Once you have taken the mince of the heat add the rice and the dill to the mix, mix the ingredients together using your hands. Take the cabbage leaves and start putting some of your mix in the centre of each leaf and make into a little parcel, repeat this procedure untill all your leaves are filled with the mix.
- Once your parcels are ready, in a large pan stuck them together starting from the sides and building towards the cenre of the pan one on top of the other. Once your pan is covered with your stuffed parcels add water and some olive oil and cover with a large plate which should be placed upside down. Bring to the boil and leave them for 45min, adding a little bit of water when needed.
- Whilst boiling take a large bowl and put in the 2 egg yolks and the juice of one large lemon, beat the mixture with a fork, fill two cups of juice from your pan and add the as well in the mix. Once ready pour slowly and carefully on top of your stuffed parcels.