Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 10-15 biscuits
A crumbly, yummy and enjoyable treat!
- 300g Plain Flour
- 200g Softened Butter
- 100g Granulated Sugar
- 1tsp Vanilla Extract
- STEP 1Preheat an oven to 160'C, 325'F or gas mark 3.
- STEP 2Then line a baking tray with baking paper and grease using butter.
- STEP 3Cream the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl until pale, light and fluffy.
- STEP 4Sift the flour into the bowl, add your vanilla extract.
- STEP 5Mix well until the ingredients form a dough.
- STEP 6Roll out the dough on a smooth surface to a thickness of 2 mm.
- STEP 7Cut out 10-15 shapes using biscuit cutters.
- STEP 8Put the cut out shapes on your prepared baking tray, leave them in a fridge to chill for 20 mins.
- STEP 9Take the tray out the fridge and bake in oven for 15-20 mins, or until golden brown.
- STEP 10When ready leave to chill on tray for 20 mins. Enjoy the shortbread!!!