- Preparation and cooking time
- Needs to steep for 3-4 weeks
- Serves 15
- 900g strawberries
- 400g caster sugar
- 700ml gin
- STEP 1Hull and halve the strawberries and add them to a large (2L) jar with the sugar. Close the jar and shake to coat the strawberries in sugar. Then set is aside overnight to macerate the strawberries.
- STEP 2The next day, the strawberries will have shrunk down and leached out a thick red syrup. Add the gin and mix well. Set it aside to infuse for 3-4 weeks.
- STEP 3Measure out generous measures to glassed and top up with tonic, a twist of lemon and ice or some pros ecco.