Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Winter Warming Soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Carrot, Apple, Ginger and Turmeric Soup with Kale Crisps
- 1 large white onion (peeled and finely chopped)
- 4 large carrots (scrubbed and finely chopped)
- 2 Jazz Apples (peeled, cored and finely chopped)
- 2-3 tbsp fresh ginger (peeled and finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 750ml vegetable stock
- 1 clove of garlic
- Salt and pepper to season
- STEP 1Fry the onion gently in oil until soft then add the garlic and fry for a further 2-3 minutes.
- STEP 2Add the carrots, ginger and apples and fry for a further 3-4 minutes before adding the turmeric.
- STEP 3Pour in the vegetable stock and cover. Simmer and cook over a low heat until the carrots are thoroughly cooked.
- STEP 4Remove from the heat and blend to a smooth consistency. Season and serve with Kale crisps on the side or crumbled into the soup.