Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 10
A nice, soft, chancy flapjack base that raisons, nuts, chocolate, etc can be added too.
- 250g Butter
- 250g Demerara Sugar
- 4tbsp Golden Syrup
- 500g Porridge Oats
- If you want you can add nuts chocolate, raisins, etc.
- STEP 1In a pan melt together the butter, sugar,and golden syrup.
- STEP 2Take off the heat and stir in all the oats with a wooden spoon.
- STEP 3Press the mixture firmly into a 20cm square (deep) greeted and lined tin pushing down and smoothing the top with a spoon.
- STEP 4Bake for 20 mins at 180 degrees celsius on the middle shelf. When they come out the oven they won't look cooked (mixture still quite soft) but they will harden as they cool. If brown on top remove from tin immediately, if not the leave for a few minutes before moving onto a drying rack.Don't cool completely in tin or they will continue cooking and go hard.