Lemon and lime Dorito and Nandos chicken strips
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
These homemade chicken strips are moist and full of flavour. The use of Doritos for the bread crumb coating really adds crisp and more flavour!
- 4 Chicken breasts
- 2 eggs
- 50ml milk
- 150g plain flour
- 1 packet of Nandos lemon and herb seasoning
- 6 slices Stale bread
- 60g Doritos lime flavour
- 5ml oil
- STEP 1Preheat oven to fan 180°.
- STEP 2Cut chicken breasts into thin strips and set aside.
- STEP 3Mix flour with 1/2 the Nandos seasoning mix and salt and pepper. Put aside in a bowl.
- STEP 4Whisk eggs and milk together and set aside in a jug.
- STEP 5Blend the stale bread up with Doritos, rest of the Nandos seasoning mix, salt and pepper until bread crumb consistency.
- STEP 6Individually put a chicken strip in flour and coat fully. Then place in egg mixture and coat. Repeat to coat the chicken strip in 2 layers of flour then egg. Then place into the bread crumb and coat fully so each chicken strip is fully coated.
- STEP 7Sprinkle a little oil over 2 oven trays and place chicken strips on with about 5cm between each piece.
- STEP 8Cook for 25 mins swapping the trays around half way.