beef stir fry
Member recipe by Keithem
- * 450 g sirloin steaks
- * 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- * 2 tbsp rice wine, Chinese
- * 1 tsp chinese five spice
- * 1 pinch ground black pepper
- * 1 tbsp groundnut oil
- * 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- * 1 piece ginger, (3cm)grated
- * 100g small broccoli florets
- * 100g mangetout
- * 50 g baby sweetcorn
- * 2 medium red chillies, seeds removed, chopped
- * 100ml hot chicken stock
- * 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- * 0.5 tsp cornflour
- * 3 tbsp water
- * 250g jasmine rice, steamed, to serve
- Slice the beef into thin slivers and mix with the soy sauce, rice wine, five-spice powder and black pepper. Leave on one side to marinate for about 30 minutes
- Heat a wok over a high heat, and when hot, add the oil. Stir-fry the garlic and ginger for about 30 seconds before adding the beef and its marinade and cooking for another minute.
- Add the vegetables and chillies to the wok, and fry briskly for a further minute
- Pour in the hot chicken stock and add a splash of dark soy sauce.
- Mix the cornflour with the water and pour into the pan, while still on the heat. Stir until thickened, season to taste, and serve straight away with a mound of steamed jasmine rice.