Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Pea and Lavender Soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4
A traditional soup with a twist!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 25gm butter
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 750gm peas
- Half a teaspoon of dried lavender flowers
- three quarters of a litre vegetable stock
- Add a little salt to taste
125gm of double thick cream [or natural yoghurt], (for serving)
- 125gm of double thick cream [or natural yoghurt], (for serving)
A few lavender flowers (for decoration - about 4 per bowl)
- A few lavender flowers (for decoration - about 4 per bowl)
- STEP 1Gently heat the oil and butter in a large saucepan. Add the chopped onion and cook on a gentle heat until the onion is soft but not brown
- STEP 2Add the lavender flowers and cook for a further minute
- STEP 3Add 3/4 of the peas, and 3/4 stock. Cover the saucepan with a tight fitting lid and cook on a medium heat for 10 minutes.
- STEP 4Blend the soup in a food processor, it will have a thick puree consistency
- STEP 5Return the puree to the pan, season with salt pepper add the remaining peas and stock cook for a further five minutes
- STEP 6Pour the soup into the bowls, add a spoon of fresh cream and sprinkle 3 or 4 flowers on top, not too many as they can be quite strong