- Ingredients (for one pancake)
- 2 tablespoons oat bran
- 1 tablespoon wheat bran
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons fat-free fromage blanc
- Notes: Fat-free Fromage blanc is a fat-free cream cheese usually sold in the supermarket in 500g tubs. If you are making 2 pancakes, double up the ingredients, but use just one egg for the two. * Savoury - Add pepper, herbs and garlic if you like.
- * Sweet - Add sweetener or diet food flavourings (nuts, chocolate, etc). * You can substitute the 1 tbsp wheat bran for 1 tbsp oat bran to make a pure oat bran pancake.
- Mix the ingredients together in a bowl. If the mixture is too stiff, add a couple of teaspoons of skim milk.
- Add a couple of drops of light oil to a frying pan.
- Spread the mixture in the pan.
- Cook on a medium heat until the underside is golden and the upper side starts to dry.
- Flip the pancake and cook the other side.