Peanut butter tracker flapjacks
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 20 bars
This is a cross between flapjacks and tracker bars to give a boost of energy and help you feel fuller for longer
- 250g chunky peanut butter
- 115g unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 150g light muscavado sugar
- 75g honey (& extra for drizzling)
- Zest of 1 medium orange
- 200g porridge oats
- 150g dried fruit (Santana's, raisins, chopped apricot/prune etc)
- 150g mixed seeds (pumpkin, linseed, sunflower - ensure mixed and not all pumpkin)
- STEP 1Grease and line a baking tin, about 20cm square - or a silicon case. Over a low heat put the butter, sugar, peanut butter, honey and grated orange zest in a deep saucepan. Leave until melted, stir occasionally.
- STEP 2Stir the oats, fruit and three-quarters of the seeds into the melted butter mixture. Spread the mixture out evenly in the baking tin, smoothing the top as you go.
- STEP 3Scatter remaining seeds over the surface and trickle with a little honey. Place in an oven preheated to 160°C/Gas Mark 3 and bake for 30 minutes
- STEP 4Leave to cool in the tin, then turn out and cut into rectangles or squares with a sharp knife. These bars will keep for 5-7 days in an airtight tub!