Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- More effort
- Makes Biscuits
A quick and easy recipe for gingerbread men with a slightly soft and chewy middle. :D
- 100g soft brown sugar
- 100g golden syrup
- 225g plain flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 heaped tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 50g unsalted butter
- STEP 1Pre-heat oven to gas mark 5 and grease 2 baking sheets.
- STEP 2Sift together all of the dry ingredients. Heat butter, sugar and syrup until dissovled then leaver to cooll after mix them into dry ingredients and make a dough.
- STEP 3Chill the dough in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- STEP 4Roll out the dough to about 1/4 inch thick and cut into gingernread men. Place on trays allowing space to spread.
- STEP 5Cook for 10-15 minutes.