Dairy Free Brownies
Member recipe by leachsmythe
ServingsServes 1 - 15 Brownies
- 125g Dairy Free Margarine ( Vitalite is good, really soft)
- 100g Dairy Free Chocolate ( Kinnerton)
- 50g Ground Almonds
- 80g Cocoa
- 70g Self Raising Flour
- 300g Caster Sugar
- 4 Medium Eggs
- Pre heat the oven to 180/160 fan
- Grease or line a 25cm square baking tin
- In a large glass, heat proof bowl place the chocolate and the margarine and set it over a pan of simmering water. Do not allow the bowl to touch the water.
- Stir until glossy and set aside
- In a bowl mix the cocoa, flour,sugar and almonds then pour into the chocolate mixture. This makes a very thick paste
- Whisk the eggs in a cup and add to the bowl. Mix well until smooth and silky
- Pour into the prepared tin and cook for 25 minutes. The top will look crusty yet the brownie beneath will still be quite soft.
- Allow to cool. Cut into slices and store in air tight container. Best eaten same day or next.